Using the “W6-model” – Six steps from ´idea´ to ´product´
– … when browsing my ´Linkedin-news´ I came across the following request :
“I have launched a new business venture, can you help?”
– A useful suggestion, as a sort of ´business plan survival kit´ …
– start with the simple parts first, i.e. the least complicated issues. Because, this is a good way ´just to get started´ and also a fairly easy way to retreive the broad perspective.
– hereafter, do the more delicate work, ie. choosing, sorting, prioritizing
– for example, you may apply the “W6-model”
– i.e. for each service/product category to consider and describe :
– WHAT ? – WHO ? – WHERE ? – HOW ? – HOW II ? – WHAT II ?
- WHAT – What do I want to offer ?
- WHO – Who do I want to offer my services/products for ?
- WHERE – Where do I want to offer my services/products ?
- HOW – How do I want to offer my services/products ?
- HOW II – How will I make my costumers become interested in my service/products ?
- WHAT II – What do I want to acheive, for myself ?
– and, as a slightly refined expansion of this excercise – in case you want to increase and sharpen your focus, even more.
– then, in second round, for each of the questions above, you may add the word ´really´
– e.g. : What do I – really – want to offer ?
– applying this simple, but efficient, excercise, usually paves the way for the required level of perspective.
Thus making it possible to begin prioritizing and sorting from here, ending up with a more detailed framework for a business concept and a future-oriented plan of action.
Executive Coaching. Mental Training. Business Networking
This posting may also be retreived in Danish Language at :
Fra ´ide´ til ´produkt´ – brug “H-modellen”