50.000 Contacts and The Law of BIG Numbers
Often when I spend time on virtual networking, I have asked myself :
– ´What is the best strategy for virtual networking … ?´
– and, when looking at all the ´expert answers´ on the Internet you will find lots of very, very different answers for this question …
- – should I focus on national contacts, or global contacts ?
- – should I focus on a few, selected contacts, or massive numbers of random contacts ?
- – am I only working towards a narrow goal, or do I believe in serendipities and ´unexpected opportunities´ ?
- – etc. …
– as always – it depends on ´what you want´ – or – ´what do you want to acheive´?
– also, it is important to bear in mind that this way of networking is significantly different from ´real life networking´
– recently the founder of ecademy.com – Thomas Power – has written about his practical experiences from 10+ years of being a ´super-networker´
– very inspiring, very informative !
– highly recommended reading – for you who … :
- – already are a dedicated and experienced networker
- – are an active, but ´wait-and-see´ networker
- – still hasn´t started on the path of virtual networking …